Thursday, November 13, 2008

RealGM: Steph Eyes Spot With Spurs

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55383/20081112/steph_eyes_spot_with_spurs/

If the New York Knicks part ways with Stephon Marbury, Marbury said that the San Antonio Spurs would be at the top of his list of preferred destinations, the New York Post is reporting.

"Who wouldn't want to play for San Antonio?" Marbury told The Post last night. "To play with Tim Duncan, who would complain about that? That's a great organization, they win championships. They have a nice system and I like (Gregg) Popovich as coach. I can play 1 or the 2. If I was a free agent, yeah."

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford has said he may look for a point guard after losing Tony Parker for a month.

Oh, God no.

I've heard of desperate times somehow relating to desperate measures, but I'm pretty sure Tim got his fill of playing with Marbury in Athens. And we all remember how that turned out.

No comments:

Sports Top Blogs